Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large energy transportation has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer in Edmonton, Alberta
• Ensure ongoing safe and compliant performance of electrical infrastructure by providing creative and cost-effective solutions for non-routine design, construction, maintenance, operational and compliance issues to Operations, Projects, Asset Management, PCSLD and other groups.
• Perform three-phase power system design and analysis using SKM software. This includes load flow and voltage drop calculations, impact of motor starting, fault analysis, short circuit protective coordination and arc flash hazard studies.
• Develop, coordinate, and maintain protective relay settings for electrical equipment and their associated controls. Calculate protection device settings to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment, while ensuring that electrical equipment remains energized under normal conditions.
• Identify project scenarios that require electrical system modelling for Power System Analysis to ensure proposed designs are operable under normal and abnormal conditions. Coordinate development and maintenance of protective relay settings for electrical equipment and their associated controls.
• Conduct technical reviews of electrical design for LP/MP projects including equipment selection and equipment test reports, with a focus on safe and reliable electrical design.
• Provide engineering support for the commissioning and startup of systems in the areas of electrical power infrastructure and power conversion applications including substation equipment, switchgear, protective relaying, medium voltage electrical power distribution, monitoring and metering systems, variable frequency drives (VFDs), uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs) and electric motors and generators.
• Coordinate or guide in electrical failure analyses and investigations and recommend action plans to prevent similar failures in future. Review and provide expert advice on electrical failure analyses and investigations performed by others.
• Coordinate or participate equipment manufacturer pre-qualifications and factory acceptance inspection and test plans for specific electrical equipment.
• Maintain protection data repository and asset database.