Please enter in detail the “Position Description” for this vacancy. Explain in logical steps exactly what work will be performed by the new employee. With the corporate Job Description in mind, provide information on the nature of work and the environment in which the employee will function.
Enter at least six of the main functions to be performed in this box.
• Perform moderately complex hydrocarbon and water samples laboratory analyses using sophisticated equipment and instrumentation and improve the existent work procedures for greater accuracy.
• Monitors and reviews the day-to-day Laboratory activities such as sampling and analysis of crude oil, petroleum products, process chemicals and industrial water samples.
• Evaluates non-compliance reports submitted by quality group and generates reports for corrective actions.
• Monitor the performance of Laboratory equipment under his area of responsibility and updates the Control Charts for those instruments to ensure Quality Assurance program aspects are achieved.
• Follow the preventive maintenance and calibration schedule of all laboratory equipment.
• Provide technical guidance, work direction and training to his subordinates.
• Prepares purchase requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials for Lab use and evaluates bids for technical acceptability and control the stock of these materials in Lab store.
• Observe safety rules, report hazards to Lab supervisor and act on them as necessary, promote good housekeeping and safe work practices in the Lab.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as directed by his Supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience