The successful candidate will focus on ensuring designs are compliant with relevant Standards and Client Specifications. You will report to the Engineering Manager and Lead Mechanical Engineer and work collaboratively within a project client team for a large-scale mining project in WA.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Support Mechanical design development activities led by the head Contractor
- Meeting and improving schedules, ensuring engineering deliverables quality, conformance to design, and adherence to specifications and standards
- Work with Contractor and other team members to review work packages developed by the Contractor are within scope and accurate, workable and economical
- Review specifications developed by Contractors for mechanical equipment
- Monitor construction to ensure compliance with the approved design
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Min 10 years’ experience with chemical/mining industry background
- Previous Design Consultancy experience in Australia
- Must be familiar with equipment (kilns, scrubbers, centrifuges, filter presses, pumps, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, mixers, conveyors, dryers) used in the chemical industry
- Mechanical and Piping design experience during all stages of project delivery, including P&ID development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout and piping design
- Must be able to travel as needed to support project activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a practical approach to resolving engineering problems
We will only contact candidates who meet the criteria for the role and who have the Right to Work in Australia.