The successful candidate will focus on ensuring designs are compliant with relevant Standards and Client Specifications. You will report to the Engineering Manager and Lead Mechanical Engineer and work collaboratively within a project client team for a large-scale mining project in WA.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Review mechanical and structural work packages and design activities, including P&ID development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout and generation of complete mechanical construction packages
- Meeting and improving schedules, ensuring engineering deliverables quality, conformance to design, and adherence to specifications and standards
- Work with Contractor and other team members to review work packages developed by the Contractor are within scope and accurate, workable and economical
- Review specifications developed by Contractors for mechanical equipment
- Monitor and inspect construction to ensure compliance with the approved design
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (with structural design)
- Min 10 years’ experience with chemical/mining industry background in Australia
- Previous Design Consultancy experience in Australia
- Must be familiar with equipment (kilns, scrubbers, centrifuges, filter presses, pumps, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, mixers, conveyors, dryers) used in the chemical industry
- Must have direct experience with all aspects of SMP engineering design during all stages of project delivery, including P&ID development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout, structural steel design and generation of SMP construction RFQ packages
- Must be able to travel as needed to support project activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a practical approach to resolving engineering problems
We will only contact candidates who meet the criteria for the role and with the Right to Work in Australia.