Job DescriptionNES Sure Flow is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a major Oil and Gas producer, has an opportunity for a Contract Plant Operator in the Bonnyville/Cold Lake area for a 1 year contract. This will be a field based position and 7-on 7-off – 12 hrs per day. Camp is provided; as well as flights from Edmonton/ Calgary.
- Responsible for hands-on day-to-day operation of the equipment in the water area of a 180,000bbl/d thermal oil recovery plant.
- Understand and perform safety, environmental and regulatory responsibilities, such as hazard identification, equipment lockout, emergency response and implementation of safe working procedures-Identify and scope out opportunities to maximize production, minimize operating costs and eliminate downtime-Troubleshoot and resolve process problems
- Ensure effective communication with operations and maintenance staff
- Monitor and control plant conditions-Maintain proper documentation, including operator logs, maintenance records and safety and environmental reports-Perform housekeeping, performance monitoring and maintenance activities
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- This is a safety sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of Drug and Alcohol Policy which includes pre-assignment testing-Full ABSA 3rd Class Steam Certificate (Power Engineer) required
- 5+ years operations experience
- Prior experience with thermal recovery operations and Honeywell DCS systems is an asset
- Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required-Strong team player with the ability to work independently when necessary-Proficient in Microsoft Office suite