Job position: Process Engineer (Energy)
Place of work: Warsaw + Construction site
Type of employment: Permanent contract
Overall Function: To perform process design simulations/modeling, and other process calculations in establishing process performance and design requirements for AdvX systems.
- Develop and maintain the process design basis for projects
- Establish process requirements of AdvX systems through simulation and analyses, including mass and energy balances, and design studies, including economic evaluations
- Lead the development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Develop process description for use in control narratives, including operations and maintenance guidelines
- Lead commissioning and start up efforts as systems are pre-commissioned and ready to be placed into operation.
- Establish system readiness for performance validation testing, including initial operation oversight and system tuning.
- Develop performance test plans and provide on site support during testing
- Assemble O&M manuals for use by customers
- Develop training materials and conduct operations and maintenance training for operations groups at customer facilities
- Support Project Engineer in developing equipment design requirements and specifications, including completion of datasheets
- Development of Flow modeling to simulate existing and new conditions to predict performance and establish guarantee values
- Ensures that the engineering deliverables being produced are in compliance with requirements of the design basis of the project.
- Communicates regularly with Project Engineer to update progress and identify issues that may arise during the course of the project.
- Actively participates in weekly project team coordination meetings, providing comprehensive updates on activities, schedule performance and budget performance.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of deliverables with other disciplines on the project team.
- Identifies lessons learned with engineering work processes and recommends corrective action plan.
- Supports Project Engineer and Project Manager during the detailed checking and ITR processes in compliance with QA procedures.
- Reviews all work performed after its execution and before its release to the Project Engineer to ensure that the work meets the following criteria:
- The work is complete in accordance with the defined scope of work, the established design criteria and the agreed upon design concept.
- The work will meet the requirements of the project and the Client as to engineering specification, schedule, cost, and the specific requirements of the Client as to preferences.
- Chemical engineering degree and minimum of 5 years of experience
- Technical knowledge and experience, time management, organization, multitasking
- Experience in country in conceptual and detailed process design, simulation and analyses of Air Quality Control System (AQCS) processes/technologies in the power industry
- Word processing and spreadsheet software (such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel), CADD software (such as AutoCAD), Process simulation software experience preferable
- Organized; Good communication skills; Proactive; Thorough; Detail-oriented