Location: Houston, TX with Rotation to West Africa
Job Type: Permanent, Full- Time, rotation
Reports to: VP, Finance and Accounting (equivalent to Chief Financial Officer)
Manage a culturally diverse organization of approximately 20 employees charged with executing the day-to-day accounting for the Company’s operations, including revenues, operating and capital expenses, inventories, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payrolls, income taxes, etc.
Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Maintain safe working practices as specified by such policies and procedures.
- Prepare and issue accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Prepare and issue accurate and timely financial reports for use by Company’s management and owners.
- Prepare annual operating and capital expense budgets. Monitor and forecast actual financial performance and analyze and explain variances.
- Forecast and manage cash flow to maximize quarterly dividends paid to the Company’s owners.
- Maintain and evaluate the design and effectiveness of the internal control environment to ensure accurate financial statements and prevent fraud.
- Facilitate various audits conducted by the Company’s owners and other third parties, including the Company’s independent auditors and various governmental authorities. Remediate issues and implement recommendations.
- Develop and motivate a culturally diverse finance and accounting organization with an emphasis on achieving full nationalization in country.
- Collaborate with the information technology organization and external application support personnel to maintain information systems utilized by the finance and accounting organization, including SAP, Maximo and Documentum.
- Liaise with the Company’s owners and governmental authorities regarding financial performance and operating results.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting from accredited ABET University
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ in industrial setting or plant/ refinery
- Spanish speaking highly desirable
- Ability to work rotating schedule in West Africa on 9 weeks on/3 weeks off or 12/4 rotation
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing EPC Company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including uplift, comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid housing and more. For more information on this opportunity, please reach out to Mishu Ullah.