A leading international oil and gas operating client is currently looking for a Senior / Lead Mechanical Engineer focusing on rotating equipment. The role will be based in the client’s office in Hampshire and is working on a leading African project
Provide technical guidance and assurance to the Project, ensuring safe, consistent and cost effective application of Project and regulatory codes and standards and good engineering practice
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues
- Mentor Junior Engineers and contractor Mechanical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or relevant industry experience MSC Preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Rotating equipment design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Operator experience would be beneficial
- Previous LNG experience
- CEng membership preferred.
- Eligible to work in the UK without needing to be sponsored.
- Working for a international operator
- Oil and Gas mega project
- Ongoing contract 12 + months