A new role has come available for a Synthetic Chemist to join an exciting Biotechnology company in the Oxfordshire area on a 12 month contract. Are you a degree or PhD qualified Chemist and eager to challenge yourself in a fast paced and innovative environment?
- Designing and carrying out synthetic routes to synthesise molecules for biological evaluation
- Optimsing synthetic chemistry reactions for the synthesis at mg and low g scale
- Analysis of drug compounds by LC-MS and NMR
- Carrying out complex studies to support project aims
- Keeping up to date with the literature in order to advance knowledge of their field and apply to internal projects
- Regularly present and contribute in project discussions
- PhD in Chemistry or a degree with equivalent industry experience
- A strong background in synthetic organic chemistry
- A knowledge of medicinal chemistry principals and drug design is desired but not required
In return you can expect an industry leading salary and package, as well as the opportunity work alongside a highly experienced team of experts in an innovative environment.
If you feel you would be suitable please apply now. A member of the NES team will be in touch with all relevant applicants.