Location: Pasadena, TX
Primary CAD Responsibilities:
- Manage the engineering drawing management system and MOC drawing updates
- Support Capital Project team with development of project P&IDs
- Create, update and distribute P&ID updates to personnel for approval
- Add vendor drawings to engineering drawing management system
- Create layouts, sections, and isometrics using AutoCAD
- Design drawings from sketches, P&ID’s, notes, and verbal instructions using AutoCAD
- Provide technical support for engineering plotter
Primary E&I Design Responsibilities:
- Able to perform assignments requiring the application of Instrument/Engineering design programs and principles for plant design from sketches/data generated by Instrument, Technical or Lead Instrument Engineer.
- Identify and specify instrumentation and related items from process flow sheets, P&ID’s and piping drawings.
- Estimate engineering man-hours for assigned work.
- Exhibit good understanding of switchgear and motor control centers, lighting, control schematics, and wiring diagrams for industrial electrical systems.
- Must be able to assist with field loop-checking and final commissioning of instrumentation systems.
Training and Experience:
- Must know NEC 70 (National Electric Code) codes.
- Minimum of five (5) years CAD drafting/design experience
- Proficient with Auto CAD and experience using Release 2000 or higher
- Moderate understanding of P&IDs, electrical drawings, and wiring diagrams
- Experience with drawing database systems
- Basic familiarity with other software such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to take field measurements, climb stairs and ladders, etc.
- Must be able to use basic electrical test equipment, multimeter, ammeter, calibrator, etc.