Fire Protection Engineer
|Job Title:||Fire Protection Engineer|
|Location:||Westside, United States|
|Salary:||$125000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Derrick Walter|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2018 15:40|
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within multiple industries. Our client is a leading global provider of industrial safety services and equipment.
The Engineer Fire Protection consults with customers and staff on fire protection requirements, employing both education and practical experience and applying recognized codes and standards to provide alternatives and solutions to protect personnel and assets from potential fires.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide engineering and/or design on specific projects, delivering effective and cost efficient alternatives and solutions for the project.
• Provide code and standard references, document research, and both formal reports and informal interpretations for fire protection applications.
• Engage customers, including consulting, presentations, teleconferencing, and written communication.
• Perform on-site surveys such as Firewater flow tests, C-Factor testing and studies of customer data to develop reports and recommendations for fire protection applications.
• Perform hydraulic calculations on firewater systems and submit recommendation based on calculation results.
• Provide proposals, define scope of work for projects, pricing, and cost budgeting for engineering and design work.
• Continuously review changing codes, standards, industry specifications and practices and share new developments with staff.
• Continuously review new technologies and software for use in fire protection applications and share new developments with staff.
• Provide assistance to engineering, design, and construction staff, including design and code interpretations and design changes as required.
• Work closely with the Total Safety engineering staff, Construction Manager, Project Managers, Sales, and other discipline engineers and designers.
• Create and maintain fire protection CAD / modeling standards.
• Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years of practical experience in fire protection.
• Experience in fire protection design in petrochemical, oil refinery or related industrial applications are required.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, fire protection or equivalent.
• Must have experience-using AutoCAD.
• Must be able to acquire and maintain licenses and certifications necessary to perform assigned responsibilities. Must be able to travel.
• Must be able to obtain TWIC card and pass any required safety testing, including classes such as Basic Plus, OSHA 10 hour, etc.
• Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
• Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested).
Other Requirements, Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other data base software.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD.
• Proficiency with other design software, such as HydraCAD, 3D modeling programs, hydraulic calculation software, and/or Adobe Acrobat is desired.
• Must demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, an unwavering commitment to safety and health and other company policies and procedures. Must possess high ethical standards demonstrated by their approach to business.
• Must demonstrate leadership and the ability to coordinate resources to achieve maximum profitability, efficiency and utilization.
• Must be able to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's