A new role has come available for an R&D Microbiologist to join the Development team of a leading In-Vitro Diagnostics company in the Liverpool area. The role will involve carrying out laboratory research for the development and optimisation of microbiology based diagnostic devices and comes with excellent training and progression opportunities.
- Carry out investigations related to the development of new innovative products in the diagnostic microbiology market
- Reviewing the literature related to research being undertaken
- Conducting and optimising microbiology assays
- Analysis of experimental data as well as report writing and presenting results in team meetings
- Working closely with Senior Scientists to investigate customer complaints, production problems and validation studies
- BSc or MSc in a relevant field such as Medical Microbiology or Biomedical Sciences
- A strong hands on and theoretical background in microbiology and aseptic techniques
- An understanding of diagnostic microbiology
- Previous experience working as a Microbiologist is desirable but not required.