Shipping & Receiving Clerk
|Job Title:||Shipping & Receiving Clerk|
|Contact Name:||Courtney Blazevic|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2018 18:24|
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders provided by the supervisor.
• Count items to ensure that the correct number has been received.
• Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse.
• Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities.
• Look through work orders to determine order picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions provided.
• Match order information in order cards with information on picked items to ensure conformity.
• Operate forklifts to pick heavy boxes and transport them to checking areas.
• Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet.
• Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and safely retrieving items.
• Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies.
• Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed properly.
• Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment.
• Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Arrange for a carrier vehicle or pickup.
• Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders.
• Post weight and shipment charges.
• Maintain files of shipping records.
• Trace the missing or lost shipments.
• Assemble wood and cardboard containers or pick pre-assembled containers.
• Route products to departments.
• Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers.
• Organize records of goods shipped.
Thank you for applying, however only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's