ESSENTIAL: Laboratory maintenance. Duty management. Stock management. Consumables. Buffers. Calibrating equipment. Sanitisation. Compliance. GMP/GLP. IT literate.
To ensure the smooth operation of a busy work environment such as a laboratory, a dedicated position is often implemented to make certain of this. My client, a global healthcare and pharmaceutical company is currently requesting the addition of a laboratory technician to carry out routine laboratory maintenance duties to keep it functioning at high output.
Laboratory Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain the lab areas in a clean, orderly, and sanitised state.
- Perform a wide variety of routine laboratory duties.
- Calibration of complex machinery and equipment for team members.
- Facilitating the ordering of consumables and maintaining stock for the lab.
- Specimen and sample collection and transportation.
- Adherence to GMP and GLP standards.
- To plan all work assigned on a daily basis such that agreed deadlines are met.
- Liquid chemical handling and the creation of buffers for use in experiments.
- Possess a degree in a Science related subject (with integrated wet laboratories preferred).
- Previous experience working in a GMP laboratory.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, being able to respond to queries from colleagues.
- Advanced organisation skills, with strong time keeping and attention to detail.
- IT literacy and good data management skills, with a history of recording data meticulously.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.