Reporting to: Head of O&M Account Management
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, life cover
Term: Permanent, full time - 40hours
Summary of the project manager Role:
My clients are a leading provider of expert services in the O&M marketplace with a reputation we are proud of. Our business is run in a responsible, transparent and ethical way where safety dominates everything we do - our mantra is ‘home safe – every day’.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the setup of O&M services at all new solar farm and storage sites - from the point that we become the preferred bidder for the works.
This role will require you to manage all setup activities through to completion, including liaising with and project managing other O&M staff who will conduct various aspects of the setup works, for example on site communications and setup of subcontracts as well as carrying out some aspects of the onboarding yourself (e.g. contract negotiations, documentation, organising security monitoring, site inspections and changing of lock).
Reporting to the Head of Account Management, this role will also be liaising with the client and the former O&M provider.
The role will be required to perform the following duties:
- Involvement in the final stages of tenders, for example meeting prospective new clients and helping with their due diligence;
- Liaise with the new client to obtain relevant documents, warranties, site performance history;
- Review maintenance documents and warranty requirements and document these;
- Review monitoring and security arrangements; liaise with technical team to determine what is required to transfer these to our systems;
- Negotiate and set up/extend contracts with security and monitoring companies, and brief manned security provider;
- Negotiate contract with client in collaboration with our legal team.
- Site inspections, including auditing key components to determine and document plant condition, log issues and review the EPC snag list for outstanding items; and inspection of grounds, wildlife features, drainage etc for land management purposes;
- Audit and documentation of spare parts;
- Oversee Communications and Monitoring system integration and testing;
- Swap signage, locks etc. over on site and read meters.
- Liaise with technical team on the setup and testing of communications and security systems;
- Setup reporting templates and update Management Information System to cover the site;
- Obtaining baseline test and inspection records for all key components
- Oversee the review and updating of the O&M manual / instructions
- Put in place and conduct H&S activities including: setup of site risk register, emergency plan and hazard plan, audit of first aid kit, fire extinguisher and spill kit, review of RAMS, conducting/organising staff inductions and handover to Senior Authorised Person;
- Produce new maintenance plan and LEMP schedule, or liaise with our Field Service team for get this done;
- Set up grazing where possible (or liaising with operations officers to do so), including obtaining landowner and client approvals and finding a grazier;
- Liaise with operations officers to put contracts in place for grounds maintenance and/or grazing, LEMP and panel cleaning;
- Other various site onboarding activities;
- Handover to Account Managers and Operations Officers for the ongoing O&M of the sites;
- Communicate handover process to stakeholders, including holding a client and/or asset manager kick-off meeting;
- Message and share process documents and manuals with the client;
- Meet the landowner and carry out a site induction.
In periods where there is a lull in onboarding activity this role will perform other activities for the O&M department. These are likely to include, but not be limited to:
- implementation of “work packages” (ie project managing the delivery of remedial or performance improvement works on site), and/or
- contracts setup and management across various sites, and/or
- account management of clients and their portfolios.
Project manager Criteria
Essential criteria for this position include:
- Strong and proven project management skills;
- Proven experience delivering projects on time;
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional relationship management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite;
- Experience working in compliance with site Health and Safety procedures;
- Drivers licence.
- Experience running procurement processes and/or negotiating contracts;
- Direct experience with utility scale O&M;
- On-site experience with solar farms;
Competencies required for this project manager role include
- Customer focused – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our stakeholders for the successful onboarding of new projects.
- Perseverance – pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to see the job to the end; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Interpersonal skills – feels comfortable around senior management and confident to present to others and able to craft approaches that are likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Decision quality – makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based up on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement. Others will seek you out for advice and solutions.
- Composure – stays cool under pressure and does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough. You can handle stress and not be knocked off balance by the unexpected.