Data Scientist Job Summary:
The Data Scientist will utilize a variety of data management analysis tools along with applied data analytics approaches to explore and predict data solutions The role is for a Data Scientist to work on a number of complex and challenging Oilfield domain data projects covering Reservoir Simulation and Field Development Planning. The successful candidate will apply data science and machine learning approaches and tooling to automate the use of data to augment workflows in these domains, and to identify opportunities and insights from the raw data. The candidate will also be expected to create and grow a strong data science proficiency in the technology centre, as well as work with other groups to ensure consistency with application and use of data science solutions.
The Data Scientist must be able to understand conceptually a new problem described to them and to then successfully select and apply the optimum appropriate data science approach. This will also require the data scientist to own the definition and maturation of related requirements for the engineering projects and see them through to successful delivery and release to operations.
- Mathematical methods & techniques
- Techniques and algorithms related to model predictive analysis
- Experience of Data Science tooling e.g. R, SQL, Hadoop, Hive
- Software Development experience e.g. C++, Java, Delphi, Python
- Test automation including regression testing
Experience of working in Agile development environment
- Telemetry capture e.g. Google Analytics
- Data visualization e.g. Tableau, Spotfire
Source code management tooling e.g. Git
Essential skills for the role:
- Advanced level competency in C++ programming (minimum of three years commercial experience)
- Demonstrable expertise in use of Google Analytics APIs for data mining and analysis (minimum two years commercial experience)
- At least 3 years commercial industry experience of applying Data Science techniques and delivering solutions to similar engineering domains.
Qualifications and experience:
Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent experience. A background in computer science is preferred for this role.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK