An exciting new role has come available for a Molecular Assay Development Scientist to join their expanding team in Newcastle. Are you experienced in the development of DNA extraction and amplification techniques for the development of molecular diagnostics and interested in the opportunity to progress your career in a dynamic and fast paced environment?
- Development and testing of new DNA Amplification technologies
- Designing and developing new PCR assays for diagnostic applications
- Presenting in lab, team and project meetings
- Keeping up to date with the literature for relevant developments and applying findings to your research
- Working in close collaboration with other internal teams towards company goals
- PhD in Molecular Biology or a Degree with equivalent industry experience
- A strong background in the design and development of DNA / nucleic acid extraction techniques as well as qPCR
- Experience in the product development of IVDs and working in an ISO 13458 environment is desirable
- Able to communicate effectively in a faced paced and results driven environment
In return you can expect a competitive salary and package as well as the opportunity to progress your career and make a different in developing innovative diagnostics that will save lives.