POSITION SUMMARY: The Shop Repair Technician assembles/dismantles and repairs products and or components within the shop that meet company and customer requirements by performing the following duties:
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- other duties may be assigned: Disassemble, inspect, repair, and/or install equipment and/or products.
- Fit, align, adjust and calibrate parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and operating requirements.
- Test assembled product to ensure conformance to specifications - complete test and test reports.
- May be required to pressure test and/or hydro-test to specifications as required.
- Repair units or parts that have failed to meet specified functional performance.
- Apply grease, lubricants, paints and coatings as necessary during and after assembly operations.
- Complete documentation of work performed.
- Operate overhead cranes to move equipment. May operate forklift, hand truck and/or other equipment to transport material.
- Focused on continuous improvement in all areas. Health, Safety and Environment: Responsible for safety of self and others.
- Work safely and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with any training, instruction, or company policies/procedures.
- Use Company approved tools and equipment safely and appropriately.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify, assess and control workplace hazards.
- Complete Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs) as appropriate.
- Ensure immediate reporting of workplace hazards, any near miss, property damage, environmental concern, injury or illness.
- Attend all tool box and/or safety meetings as required.
- Ensure contractors complete/update HSE orientation and operate in compliance with Company policies and procedures with appropriate insurance coverage.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Demonstrated mechanical ability. Ability to identify product and product components.
- Desired: Experience with SAP.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Desired: Forklift operation certification.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Detail-orientate. Teamwork skills. Solid communication skills, verbal. Ability to work towards time sensitive deadlines.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Extensive standing, reaching, pulling, climbing and balancing. Working in inclement weather; extreme heat or cold. Frequent lifting/moving of materials up to 35 pounds. Specific vision required for equipment inspection and computer use.
Thank you for applying, however only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted.