ESSENTIAL: Senior Scientist. Gene Editing. CRISPR-Cas9. Cell Culture. Process Development. GMP/GLP.
CRISPR gene editing is increasingly becoming one of the most exciting scientific tools in industry, unlocking a new world of research applications. My client, an industry leader in CRISPR systems is dedicated to the bespoke design of modified cell lines to offer to clients for further research. As a result of their rapidly expanding company, the Cell Line Engineering department is requesting the addition of 3 new Senior Scientists to help lead operations and contribute to their busy schedule.
Senior Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Culturing primary cells, stem cells and cell lines in aseptic conditions to prevent contamination.
- Using plasmid facilitated CRISPR-cas9 systems to produce knock out and knock in cell lines, tailored to client requests.
- Operation of automated machinery such as ECHO.
- Continuously working to high levels of GMP/GLP.
- Project management and the guiding/mentoring of more junior members of staff.
- Scientific PhD or equivalent with corresponding experience in a leading academic institute or industry (2+ years)
- Molecular biology skills with in depth experience of in vitro gene editing, plasmid vector experience and design of nucleases is preffered.
- Demonstrated experience of cell culture, preferably with challenging cell lines eg iPSCs
- Skilled in independent experimental design and troubleshooting
- Good organisational ability to plan and prioritise work, strong record keeping and a quality mindset.
- Team worker able to flex their style, with experience juggling multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience in training of other scientists
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication across.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more details on applying.