Job DescriptionSubsea Controls Engineer
MUST APPLY BY 8/29/2018
1 Year Contract
The objective of the Subsea Controls Engineer is to supply reliable subsea controls systems. This will require the team to identify the gaps and develop a plan for closing the gaps between current technology and the technology and equipment required to deliver subsea controls systems around the world. The Subsea Controls Engineer position is individually responsible for specification, monitoring engineering and verifying qualification of subsea controls systems. A successful Subsea Controls Engineer will work as a key member of the Subsea Controls Team and will be responsible for all aspects of engineering delivery ie project engineering, scope management, schedule, interfaces with and change control, Technical Assurance, and Risk Management. A successful Subsea Controls Engineer will be required to work closely with the requisite Regional and Project Teams to ensure that the equipment developed is fit for purpose and acceptable to the final end users A successful candidate could work on a wide range of activities from delivery, systems, aftermarket, and site coordination.
- 10+ experience in design, build, delivery and testing of subsea controls equipment
- Experience in offshore installation and testing of subsea controls hardware
- Familiarity with risk management and technical assurance
- Knowledge of project work including subsea engineering design would be useful
- Knowledge of subsea controls structural and fatigue loading
- Knowledge of drilling practices and equipment
- Experience in projects/major modifications
- Needs to be familiar with API specs 6A and 17D
- Experience with subsea controls equipment and subsea production equipment including trees, connectors, casing hangers, tubing hangers, running tools and operation of the equipment offshore.
- Ability to lead quality control, quality assurance.
- Basic training in metallurgy and welding
- Prefer experience from a subsea controls equipment supplier.