Job DescriptionSystems (Development) Engineer - Contract - Negotiable Rate
My client are prominent for their cutting edge design, engineering and manufacturing of their products, supplying to OEM’s globally within the aerospace industry. Growing rapidly, they need a systems / PLM engineer to step in and make a difference. Working as part of the technical team who cover a range of activities including PLM Technical Support, system enhancement, demonstrations.
Reporting to the Engineering Systems Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- PLM development and planning
- Become proficient and develop in-depth knowledge of the supporting processes. Focusing on applications that support core Engineering functions e.g. CAD, BOM, Visualisation and Change Management.
- Provide at-elbow guidance to end users during key project phases, such as introduction of new technologies
- Help to define the systems roadmap to further mature the PLM culture
- Create new and modify existing working practices.
- Perform local UAT testing.
- Create and maintain New User Induction Programme specific to PLM systems.
- Provide end user training for all product creation tools. This may include classroom, one to one, and specialist role training.
- Create, develop and maintain end-user documentation providing CAD/PLM process, methodology and training to facilitate consistency, improvements and standard practices
- Be able to advise on industry best practice.
- Excellent knowledge of PLM principles.
- Excellent knowledge on CATIA V5/V6 and Enovia V6 - In order to work alongside Design Engineers who use CAD/CAM to design their products.
- Good project management skills and project planning experience
- Experience in compiling in-depth technical documentation and user guides
- Flexible and willing to accept challenging and sometimes diverse activities to maintain project deliverables
- Good English communication skills