Job DescriptionOur client, an Aberdeen-based Oil & Gas Major, have an existing opportunity for a Drilling Engineer on an initial 6 month contract.
Knowledge & Experience: As a minimum the incumbent will: -
• Have a Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or a similar technical or scientific discipline.
• Have considerable experience in semi-submersible well planning and execution.
• The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of well design such as well costing, casing design and programme writing, and be familiar with well engineering software such as Wellplan, Compass and the ability to understand WellCAT outputs. Experience in drilling depleted wells with tight margins.
• Prepare well designs and cost estimates for allocated project
• Ensure that controls are implemented for all designs, thereby safeguarding the technical integrity of the assets.
• Ensure continuous improvement processes and tools are adopted and embedded..
• Drive functional excellence for wells activities ensuring that local, regional and global learning are communicated and taken account of as appropriate.
• Ensure deviations from technical standards are only conducted with the appropriate level of technical authorisation.
• Ensure adherence to change control procedures in the event of programme amendments.
• Participate in and share best practices ensuring lateral learning across the wider wells organisation