Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is working closely with a leading Mining Engineering Design Consultancy in Perth, Western Australia to identify a Lead Structural Designer with strong mining/mineral processing experience.
Minimum 12 month contract with potential for an extension, the successful candidate will be based in Perth and work collaboratively within a project design team, and be involved in leading the structural design for a number of mining projects and Clients in WA.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Detail design 2D/3D modelling and drawings
- Strong knowledge of steelwork and concrete design standards
- Reviewing models/drawings prepared by designers
- Manage workload for a team of up to 5 designers
- Delivery of practical and innovative design solutions for clients
- Collaborating across disciplines and with clients
- Identify, manage, reduce and eliminate project risks where possible
- Contribute to the growth and development of designers
- A proactive approach to meet project milestones
- Maintaining the highest levels of Health and Safety
- Promoting the Company’s Values
- Civil/Structural Tertiary qualification
- 15 years’ design experience within a design consultancy environment
- Ability to lead a design team and liaise with external project stakeholders
- Experience with intelligent 3D design tools/software essential
- MicroStation, ProSteel and/or Advance Steel experience
- Detailing experience preferred but not required
- Strong work ethic and drive to deliver projects
We will only contact candidates who meet the criteria for the role and with the Right to Work in Australia.