Job DescriptionLead Project Engineer – Powertrain – Automotive – Surrey - £40k - £52k plus bonus, holidays, pension
A prestigious and truly global automotive OEM are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to work on projects related to Powertrain development at their facility in the Surrey area.
The right person for this position will be an experienced Project Engineer with a keen eye for detail.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of concept, generation of and manufacturing project definitions. Taking into consideration technical specifications, requirements, other constraints and regulatory standards.
- Undertake problem solving related to new and existing products
- Participate in developing and maintaining relevant engineering processes and procedures
- Undertake conceptual design for new product introduction
- Help identify and implement new business improvements
- Responsible for design requirements capture, planning and execution of DFMEAs and design reviews and any subsequent actions through to completion and sign-off
- Qualified to degree level – BSc / BEng / MEng / MSc
- Detailed knowledge of powertrain and/or chassis
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of software tools for design / project management
- A strong influencer with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience working with an Automotive OEM
- Salary £40k - £52k depending on experience
Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Lead, Design, development, Lead Engineer, automotive, CAD, Solidworks, OEM, DFMEA, concept, powertrain, chassis, failure modes, effect analysis, project, manufacturing.
Location – Surrey