ESSENTIAL:- Solid understanding of Production & Logistics processes. Windows Server 2008 to 2012 R2. Strong Windows Desktop 7, 8 & 10. ERP System Experience (nice to have). Networking & VLANs. Project Management Skills. PLC Experience. Virtualisation. Manufacturing. SAP.
IT Assistant Main Duties:
- System administration & development within the corporate principles & policies
- Maintenance & upkeep of the used hardware & systems
- Error analysis & resolution of IT issues including documentation
- Support of IT purchasing of Hardware & Software including. cataloguing
- Maintenance & updating of System documentation
- Interface between the departments & other IT providers / suppliers
- Administration & development of existing IT systems & processes
- Process adjustments to fulfil new requirements
- Support of IT projects
IT Assistant Key Responsibilities
- Smooth operations of all IT processes
- Cost centre responsibility
- Preparation & documentation for IT & compliance Audits
Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2012. VMWare VSphere 6, with ESXi cluster running about 25 virtual machines, all using NetApp Storage. Network: Fibre backbone, with Gigabit Ethernet. Running primarily HP Procurve Switches with VLANs. Telephones: Avaya IP 500 V2 office system. The mobiles are iPhones.
A mixture of HP & Dell Laptops & Desktops running Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 (all moving to Windows 10). The clients all run Microsoft Office.
Services Provided: First line support & training for all client issues including Windows, Microsoft Office, SAP, VPN, etc. User creation, & management. Must offer extreme uptime & support of Production Systems, including replacing failed clients/monitors/scanners/printers, supporting Siemens PLC system. Also supporting process alterations on bespoke software. All in such a way as to minimise downtime & ensure minimal risk to business continuity.
Mon to Thu: 08:00 to 16:30, Fri: 08:00 to 13:30 (no lunch break). Travel – Occasional. Some on-call during production shifts (currently 06:00 – 22:00 Mon-Fri)
Candidates must be able to drive & be eligible to work in the UK