Our Client an O&G Supermajor has an opportunity for an Angolan Marine Engineer to join them on a long term contract basis, please note that only local candidates will be considered for this position.
- Responsible for supporting the coordination of safe, reliable, compliant and efficient marine terminal operations and hydrocarbon transfers, using sound/advanced technical and analytical capabilities to ensure requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner while meeting safety and quality standards..
- Supports capability training and talent development in the marine discipline and advises on technical competency standards for the development of people
- Undertakes self-verification of contractor's understanding of and compliance to BP's contractor management process and advises on best practices and participates with industry working groups
- Conducts vessel on-hire and continuing-operations inspections, vessel operator company assessments and tracks findings and observations to suitable closure
- Advises marine operations on technological & innovative concepts to decrease risk and increase performance
- Advises on marine elements of logistics risk register and risk identification and management
- Undertakes accident and incident investigation services with a focus on establishing root cause and applying preventative strategies for marine
- Ensures safe, compliant , reliable and cost-efficient service to customers through provision of advice to customers on marine activities and ensuring adherence to relevant policies and processes
- Manage interfaces with key stakeholders and customers.
- Ensures personal and team compliance with the function's safety and ethics rules and processes, follows procedures, and demonstrates strong leadership of BP's Values & Behaviours.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- CoC OOW Unlimited STCW II/I;
- HND in Nautical Science
- Standard STCW courses such as Security, Advanced Fire fighting, First Aid, Tanker familiarization, basic safety training,
- Experience sailing / working on ocean going vessels as trainee officer / junior officer
- Experience sailing / working on ocean going tankers
- Portuguese and English speaker