We are looking for process engineers with recent hands-on technical (not project engineering) experience within the oil and gas industry, preferably in downstream sector – refinery and (petro)chemicals. Have 2 to 5 years of experience in brownfield, revamps, modifications etc. of downstream facilities.
Ideally candidates come from the local area of The Hague / Rotterdam but our client will consider candidates traveling on a weekly basis etc.
The job skills required comprise among others: Development of process flow schemes. Calculations and development of mass and heat balances using process simulation tools. Preparation of process descriptions. Calculation and process specification of process equipment. Identification of overpressure scenarios and relief load calculations. Development of piping and instrumentation diagrams. Hydraulic calculations and process specification of lines, including deriving authority requirements. Calculations and process specification of instrumentation such as control valves, pressure-relief valves, and flow instruments.
Education and certification
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- At least 2 - 5 years of recent hands-on technical experience in process design for projects in refinery and/or (petro)chemical sector.
- Experience with revamp type (brownfield) projects is preferred, however excellent greenfield project experience will also be highly considered.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player, be able to work independently, be pro-active and have a problem solving attitude. Proficient knowledge of the English language, both oral and written, is required; knowledge of the Dutch language is preferred. VCA required.
- Driving license and willingness to drive in The Netherlands has strong preference in view of visiting to client locations in the Rotterdam Botlek / Europoort area.
For the currently identified vacancies the work location will be our offices in Den Haag or Hoogvliet. Location will ultimately be determined by the individual’s skills and experience.
Are you interested and available or become available don't hesitate to apply. If you wish to have more information you can contact Sander Schuitman on +31 70 808 0147.