Job DescriptionMechanical (Static) Lead Discipline Engineer
Work Location: Aberdeen
The role is the Mechanical Lead Discipline Engineer for the topside elements of the tie-backs from Optimise phase onwards, accountable for delivery of the Mechanical Engineering scope and support to the projects through to handover to operations and for providing assurance for OBO scopes. You will be accountable for all mechanical scopes and for ensuring engagement with relevant discipline experts as required to support the scopes.
For the brownfield modification scopes, the Mechanical LDE will be responsible for providing assurance of the Optimise Stage Mechanical deliverables in support of project progression and, for Define stage and beyond, ensuring that Mechanical engineering across all delivery areas is delivered to the required quality, in a timely and cost-effective manner and for managing Mechanical discipline assurance and regulatory compliance. The Mechanical LDE is accountable for Mechanical interface with the North Sea Regional Operations team and support for technical related issues as required to the Commissioning and Start-up teams.
- Leadership and management of topsides Mechanical engineering for North-Sea tie-backs to deliver Mechanical engineering in support of project objectives.
- Self-verification and assurance of Mechanical discipline work in line with the principle objectives of Safe Design and Quality Build.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective technical interface with the host asset Operations Team for Mechanical aspects of the scope and ensuring appropriate level of support to Commissioning and Start-up for all Mechanical discipline related issues.
- Accountable for ensuring engineering quality, work processes and design integrity are maintained through handover to Operations. Owner of key Mechanical engineering deliverables through to handover.
- Ensure Mechanical engineering is delivered in line with project schedules.
- Provide technical direction to and performance manage engineering contractor(s) to deliver efficient and effective engineering.
- Accountable for specific multi discipline areas, ensuring input from discipline expertise outside of the project team as required, such as rotating equipment, materials and welding, corrosion.
- Provide engineering input to contracting strategy, contractor evaluation and selection.
- Ensure processes are in place to identify and manage engineering risks.
- For OBO Projects provide technical assurance for the Mechanical scopes and ensure risks are being appropriately managed exerting influence to ensure requirements are meet.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Experience in a Major Project delivery environment leading the Mechanical engineering discipline. Preference for experience with brownfield tie-ins and North Sea Operations experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in Mechanical engineering. Mechanical design experience that includes project execution and experience in handover of critical design intent data.
- Chartered Professional Engineer
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking multi-discipline decision making in a key engineering role.
- Experience performance managing third party design contractors.
- Ability to set clear direction, expectations and accountabilities
- Experience with North Sea Region work processes and previous experience with brownfield tie-ins on an operating offshore asset.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulatory framework governing the UK sector of the North Sea.