Operations Advisor has responsibilities for clusters, zone, or at global company level. Expert resource for specific management systems, global processes and procedures, technical matters, and coordination of improvement plans. Demonstrates expert operations and/or maintenance skills; ability to influence without authority and interact at all levels within an organization. Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups; able to network effectively across organizations. Operations Advisor will cover some but not all of the responsibilities listed below.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates development of operations and maintenance design philosophies including project specific specifications.
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the impact of changes across functional boundaries.
- Provides technical expertise and facilitates consistent coordination of Operations Integrity Management System, Global Product Quality Management System/Global Product Integrity Management System, Hydrocarbon Controls Practices matters, Unit Internal Assessment, and audit preparation.
- Provides technical expertise and facilitates consistent coordination of risk assessments, incident investigation.
- Provides functional guidance with respect to technical matters and structural improvements/initiatives in operations and/or manufacturing and may include coordination of improvement plans.
- Helps coordinate cost management and productivity improvement plans.
- Provides technical support and input to training development and delivery.
- Leads or participates in cross-functional initiatives.
- Supports Operations Management as requested.
- Develops, maintains and shares best practices.
- Guides resources that are made available to exe cute key initiatives.
- Networks and develops effective relationships with cross-functional representatives and teams, industry associations’ suppliers and resellers/dealers/third parties as appropriate.
- Develops project plans while identifying application opportunities for lessons learned & best practices sharing.
- May provide technical expertise and facilitates consistent coordination of conceptual and pre-Front End Engineering Design (FEED) studies.
- May assist with Company Plan preparation and stewardship.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Behavioral Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, collaboration, effective communication, mentorship, innovative, applied learning, shows initiative.
- Functional Skills: Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) management - operations and maintenance, managing critical operations and workforce, plant operating technology, maintenance management.
- 7-10 years’ of closely related experience
- Degree preferred
- Demonstrates sound business judgment, decision making skills and customer focus