|Job Title:||Senior Buyer|
|Contact Name:||Courtney Blazevic|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2018 00:20|
This position coordinates complex purchases of materials and equipment to meet business requirements. It requires a comprehensive understanding of SCM and/or may also have specialized knowledge of one area, as well as knowledge of interrelated effects of the work upon other areas of the business.
Analyzes material requests, investigates supply sources, prepares request for proposal/quotation packages, conducts bid openings, evaluates proposals to determine best total value, prepares award recommendations and issues purchase orders.
• Prepares all aspects of procurement processes including negotiated terms and conditions.
• Negotiates with suppliers: establishing price, delivery, payment terms, value-add and change orders.
• Researches sources of supply; determines sole source validity and methods of procurement action.
• Facilitates manufacturing preproduction meetings for key engineered goods.
• Provides administrative oversight during contract performance.
• Performs all post purchase activities prior to material delivery throughout the term of the contract.
• Coordinates supplier manufacturing schedules with the Materials Inspection Team for 3rd party inspection services.
• Coordinates with Materials Management the logistics of transporting materials, including contracting for specialized unloading.
• Supports Quality and other internal teams for non-conformance issues.
• Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
• Gives guidance/provides mentoring to junior staff on complex purchases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Related university degree.
• Fully qualified level role typically with four or more years of directly related experience.
• Enrollment in a SCM related professional certification, such as PMAC or ISM, is considered an asset.
• Proficiency in working in an ERP system
• Aptitude and communications skills related to developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Commercial Analyst
Senior Construction Scheduler
Long Beach, United States
$65 - $80 per hour
Senior Pipe Support engineer
Senior Piping Design engineer
Senior Manager, Controls Software
Competitive salary plus benefits