Reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, the Production engineer’s key responsibilities will include;
- Provide day-to-day engineering support to onsite production activities
- Undertake continuous improvement initiatives to reduce complexity and manufacturing costs of existing products
- Manage and execute New Product Introduction (NPI) activities to transfer products from R&D to the factory floor and/or external sub-contractors/suppliers
- Provide assistance to the Service department in supporting end users
- Drive an ethos of improvements across the business including product, process, quality and health & safety aspects
- Produce technical engineering reports
- Produce and maintain build and test instructions
- Carry out work assessments to establish standard assembly times
- Design and introduce assembly equipment, tooling and fixtures
- Undertake vendor assessments to evaluate supplier engineering capabilities.
The Production/ Manufacturing Engineer is an extremely varied and fast-paced role, and will involve liaising with all levels of staff, particularly Production, R&D and Quality departments.
We are looking for a degree qualified engineer (ideally Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or Production Engineering), with experience of working within an ISO regulated environment and knowledge of best practice production methodologies such as 5S and Lean Manufacturing. A background working with electro-mechanical and/or instrumentation products is required, as is the ability to apply a methodical approach to trouble-shooting/fault finding. Demonstrable experience of working with sub-contractors/suppliers during NPI activities would also be useful.
In addition we expect you to be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with excellent time, project management, and communication skills.
Our client will offer a competitive salary with bonus and the opportunity to make a real impact on a growing business.