Manages and develops the quality management system, implements and improves quality processes, defines key requirements / deliverables for all product inspections, qualification and appraisal activities and performs/executes production inspections, qualification and appraisal activities. Utilize Best Management Practices to independently manage, set and promote Quality expectations and requirements. The Quality Engineer is responsible for independently judging and assessing compliance to quality requirements within and outside of EM and to implement effective corrective/preventive actions from responsible departments to rectify any and all identified non-conformances and opportunities for improvement. The Quality Engineer will host, interact and be the chief liaison with client and third party inspectors. Responsible for ensuring that quality of the works being delivered by the project team is in compliance with project quality plan, procedures and instructions.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing the Project Quality Management system by establishing procedures, plans and work instructions as needed.
- Monitor implementation of the Asset/Project/Function Quality Management System through regular audits and reviews.
- Participate and provide input into technical HSE and integrity reviews.
- Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure quality performance in different areas of work development and at various project Phases.
- Develop and ensure QA requirements are incorporated into Documents, Contracts and Purchase Orders.
- Monitor and report on compliance and nonconformities and maintain relevant records.
- Identify and manage risks that could impact achieving quality objectives.
- Competently perform on routine applications of skills;
- Anticipates & solves problems by integrating knowledge from a number of areas;
- Recognized as a leader or expert;
- Interprets & incorporates industry info and advances;
- Sound knowledge of other skills & able to apply in several areas;
- Responsible for resolving entire complex problems;
- Represents local workgroup internally and on occasion, externally Responsibilities can extend to Procurement, Production Control, Safety, Employee Scheduling, and other areas necessary for efficient and effective operation
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional engineer with a broad QA experience in Design, Construction and Project management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within discipline
- Able to work independently in all situations within range of technical expertise.
- Recognized as a technical expert in one or more categories.
- Also recognized for their business understanding and history of continuous high value contributions.
- Applies innovation broadly.
- This is a level 3 positions: At least 20 years of related experience is required