Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Company, has a contract role for an Automation Engineer for a large petrochemical project. The role is based Monday-Friday in Calgary, however the individual needs to be mobile as they will be required to mobilize when the EPC company is confirmed. The Individuals must be local or have their own accommodations in Calgary to begin.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Designs, programs, simulates, and tests automated machinery and processes.
- Stewards maintenance on existing controls systems.
- Leads improvement projects to plant control systems.
- Provides process control support for day to day plant operation.
- Represents operations interest in all facets of the above for new projects, commissioning and start up.
- Works on existing and new control systems to achieve a reduction in unnecessary and nuisance alarms.
- Participates in project planning and execution.
- Actively identifies scope and manage MOC processes and variances.
- Pre-Commission systems and perform FAT/SAT's.
- Provides commissioning support.
- Develop and adopts standards where required.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in automation engineering function with an Oil and Gas environment;
- University Degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred;alternatives could be accepted based on adequate work experience and training;
- Understanding of current advance control techniques and the control requirements of most commonly used process equipment;
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests;
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in polypropylene manufacturing operations is an asset;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from several team members;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Willing to travel and move globally