A role has recently come available for a Process Chemist to join the Synthetic Chemistry team at an exciting Pharmaceutical Company in Hertfordshire. This is a varied role in which you will be supporting several projects both developing new synthetic routes for novel drugs as well as process scale up to and optimisation of pilot plant manufacturing.
- Designing, optimising and performing complex chemical synthesis
- Process scale up of chemical reactions following GMP regulations
- Reviewing complex data for existing processes and making recommendations on process improvements
- Isolating and analysing compounds using various chromatography techniques
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Work closely with R&D, Production and QC team to ensure methods are developed and implemented in time to meet project/customer deadlines
- Degree or PhD qualified in Chemistry with experience designing complex chemical synthesis
- Process scale up experience up to multiple kg
- A good knowledge of analytical instruments such as HPLC, NMR and LC-MS
If you feel you would be suitable please apply now, a member of the NES team will be in touch with all relevant applicants.
Keywords: Synthetic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Process Chemistry, Scale up, API Synthesis, Pilot Plant, GMP, Pharmaceutical, Drug Development, HPLC, LC-MS, NMR