Location: Houston, TX
Start Date: September 2018
Projects range from preliminary design studies to installation and commissioning. Projects include storage and offloading (FPSO/FSO) systems, turrets, marine terminals for product import/export, and tower yoke and spread moorings for tanker based floating production.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required
- FPSO experience is preferred.
- Experience with different instrumentation technologies such as strain gauges, angle monitoring, san and corrosion detection, and multi-phase flow.
- Ability to work with certifying agencies such as DNV, BV, and ABS.
- Some hazardous area design experience to API 505, IEC Ex, ATEX, EI 15, etc.
- Ability to:
- design single line drawings power distribution systems
- design simple PLC based control panels and systems and programming utilizing Allen Bradley PLC's
- participate in HAZOPS and HAZIDS
- generate schematics for instrumentation and junction boxes
- edit or review P&ID's
- ability to design of safety system (SIS), fire and gas mapping and detection, emergency shutdown systems and SIL levels
- develop an understand other project deliverables such as i/o list, and hazardous area registers
- select and specify both cable and cable glands and be able to generate a cable schedule
- working on FEED studies as needed
- An understanding of PLC programming with the ability to communicate with DCS/SCADA programmers such as Honeywell
- Knowledge/understanding of:
- data base design software such as SmartPlant or Aveva E3D
- ISA and IEC standards
- communications networking i.e. HART protocol, ControlNet, and Ethernet
- fiber optic networks.