Job DescriptionNaval Architect
My client, a major O&G Operator is in need of a Naval Architect with a minimum of 15 years' experience in O&G Transportation projects to work in the South East of the UK.
Please note only EU Nationals with the right to work in the UK can be considered.
Primary responsibility is to provide naval architecture support to project internal stakeholders with regard to stowage plans, grillage and seafastening, stability analysis of barges, river ships and ocean transport vessels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture
- 15-years’ experience as a Naval Architect, ideally with a minimum of 5-years’ experience as a Naval Architect in support of offshore oil & gas projects
- Hydrodynamic background with experience in performing frequency and time domain analysis in the transportation of large structures to develop cargo body accelerations and structural behaviour
- Versed in the preparation of all parameters relating to stability of vessels and longitudinal strength.
- Experience in ship design and construction, possessing a comprehensive understanding of IACS member rules and their application to the construction of steel ships and barges.
- Ability to work independently and make recommendations to the best advantage of the projec
- Experienced in the use of MOSES software.
- Experience in developing cargo grillage and sea fastening loads standard criteria (NDA)
- Experience in cargo grillage, sea fastening design and detailing
- Experienced in Ro-Ro loading and offloading of large structures from barges and vessels using multi-wheeled transports and ballast compensation.