Job DescriptionNES Global Talent partners with leading companies in the Energy and Mining sectors to source the top talent available in the Australian market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our industry relationships; this ensures the best possible fit for long-term success. As such we are now seeking a Lead Electrical Control Systems Engineer with strong experience in the Mining Industry, particularly in Mineral Processing.
The role will provide a key function in our strategy, anchoring and building the controls team with the driving force to improve our service offering and our capacity to deliver. The role maybe based initially from a client office in Brisbane for the first 6 – 12 months working with our existing team to deliver a major project, with the view to be based from our Gold Coast office longer term. Alternatively, the role could be filled immediately from our Gold coast office.
The role will see the successful applicant involved in:
- A range of upgrade and new plant projects of varying sizes
- Design and implementation of electrical & control systems solutions for power generation, HV distribution and mineral processing areas
- Be a part of commissioning teams during plant shut-downs and start-up of new equipment
- As this is a key role - assist in undertaking business development activities
- Strong experience in the mining industry, particularly in minerals processing
- Experience with, and the ability to perform calculations for design of instrumentation systems, industrial communications networks and process control systems
- Technical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, along with an open and collaborative attitude
- Awareness with safety systems, legislation codes and contractual documentation
- Experience with a range of PLC programmes, such as, Rockwell, ABB & Siemens would be advantageous
- Experience in the C+I aspect of mineral processing flow sheet development and materials handling mining machines would be favourable
- Ability to assist in undertaking front end marketing and business development for the C+I portion of the ES portfolio
- RPEQ qualification or similar, or at least the capacity to achieve registration
In return for your professional commitment and expertise you will have the opportunity to:
- Work within an energetic, vibrant, highly skilled team.
- Work on innovative and challenging world class projects from concept level through to implementation.
- Work on exciting international projects for major mining clients.
- Drive business strategy and growth via the C+I sector.