The Transport and Installation Engineer will facilitate safe and efficient Transport and Installation planning, design and execution for a Future re-development project.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical support to offshore installation planning, design and execution activities
- T&I support to greenfield site teams and brownfield team
- Evaluations of options and solutions to ensure optimum solutions are selected
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines in project team, as well as various disciplines from existing projects, to assure continual iteration of optimal solutions and alignment of interfaces
- Minimization of operation risks and project risks related to fabrication, load-out, transport, installation and removal including claim minimization
- Review of design and procedures
- Review of facilities design (jacket and topsides) with respect to T&I related issues
- Review of load-out procedures
- Review of transportation sea-fastening design and fabrication
- Coordinate/supervise preparation of transportation vessels and installation equipment
- Participate in risk assessments and design reviews
- HSEQ reporting in accordance with company requirements
- Client representative on board installation vessels / barges during offshore campaigns
As a member of the team, you are expected to be actively involved and support the HSSE Plans and programmes. You will also be expected to personally role model ‘Incident Free’ values through your actions and behaviour.
Who we are looking for
We seek applications from experienced and ambitious candidates who want to work alongside, leading industry experts.
We want to hear from candidates with remarkable professional experience who value safety above all else and have an international mind-set.
To succeed in this position, you will have relevant offshore experience along with the following:
- Jacket and topside design, transport and installation
- Pile drive and cementing and other associated techniques
- Familiarity with industry and internal design standard
- Knowledge of planning and executing offshore work
- Understanding of broader implications of technical work, e.g. operability, brownfield modifications requirements, economics
- Innovative thinking to challenge the ‘normal’ way of working
- Strong communication skills to enable communication of potential solutions clearly and concisely, to a broad audience, both internally and externally
- Sufficient experience to be able to work independently on facilities and across disciplines with minimal guidance
- Fluency in spoken and written English