Location: Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Expat
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Oil & Gas Operator, is seeking a Petrophysicist/ Petroleum Engineering Specialist for an expat opportunity to be based in Saudi Arabia.
This senior technical position is embedded within the Reservoir Description Division business and, as a senior technical specialist in either exploration, development, or surveillance petrophysics, will engage with leaders and experts from across the upstream business.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct comprehensive petrophysical studies and analyses by integrating logging tool responses, rock, fluid and production data for formation evaluation and reservoir surveillance.
- Design and oversee core and fluid studies to enhance petrophysical models.
- Develop verifiable petrophysical models for incorporation into static and dynamic reservoir models for volumetric prediction and development planning.
- Evaluate new logging tools and data acquisition and analysis procedures in terms of cost and technology.
- Lead and participate in multidisciplinary teams.
- Act as technical advisor to management regarding best practices for the acquisition, analysis, interpretation and integration of logging data.
- Represent Company in external technical contacts with consultants, and vendors, etc.
- Participate in technical societies and technical groups.
- Mentor and train young professionals.
- BS degree in petroleum engineering, geology, geophysics, or physics. M.S. or Ph.D. is strongly desirable.
- Depth of experience: Minimum of 20 years of related experience including at least 15 years in petrophysics. Technical publications are strongly valued and in-depth practical experience is paramount.
- Breadth of experience: Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly with specialists in reservoir characterization, reservoir engineering and management, drilling, and production engineering.
- Extensive working knowledge of vendor tools and data acquisition practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use industry standard petrophysical data processing and interpretation software.
- Experience with integrated petrophysical studies and petrophysical modeling.
- Experience in mentoring/training/teaching is a plus.
- Various areas of specialties include: Acoustic, NMR, Corrosion & Well Integrity, Formation Testing & Sampling