ESSENTIAL: Pooled Genetic screening. Target validation. CRISPR-cas9. Mammalian Tissue Culture. PCR. Cancer Therapy. Bioinformatics.
Gene editing and CRISPR-cas9 systems are a consistently evolving and ever exciting field of molecular biology, which are showing exceptionally promising results in both research and industry. My client, a growing Biotechnology company in Cambridge is currently working on an exciting pipeline of first in class therapeutic compounds towards the treatment of cancer and neuropathologic conditions. To further develop fresh drug candidates, their targets must first be identified and validated, which is made possible through pooled genetic screens using CRISPR-cas9. As a result, my client is currently looking for a laboratory-based scientist with functional genetic-screening experience to run part of our in-house screening platform.
Senior Genetic Screening Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform pooled functional genetic screens for internal or external projects and submit to next generation sequencing.
- Assist in the management of external collaborations to ensure that technical and reporting milestones are met.
- Run part of our screening platform and guide junior staff members not familiar with functional genetic screening.
- Review literature on a given topic (ie Alzheimer’s disease, acute myeloid leukemia) to identify model systems and configure screens.
- Obtain or set up new cell models for diseases and run test experiments to establish optimal screening conditions, handling a variety of difficult to culture primary cells.
- Validate hits identified from these screens in secondary assays and progress them towards drug discovery.
Senior Genetic Screening Scientist Key Requirements:
- PhD in a Life Science subject with experience in pooled functional genetic screening (i.e. shRNA screening, CRISPR screens, gene trapping etc.).
- Strong track record in academia or industry, with approximately 2+ years experience.
- Expert in mammalian tissue culture and proficient with lenti/retroviral work, western blot, PCR, cloning.
- Good team player, enthusiastic, exceptionally driven and proactively seeking to learn.
- Attention to detail, structured thinking, consistent and reliable, great communication skills.
- An understanding of statistics and bioinformatics skills (tools, R, Python, Perl,) are a plus.
This position is available on a permanent, full time basis and is due to start immediately. If successful, you can expect a very competitive salary package and the opportunity to join a newly established, well-funded Biotechnology company with an exciting pipeline process. This is the perfect opportunity for a committed, dynamic individual to progress their career in a company that truly values their employees.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.