Provide input on key geoscience activities, strategy, improvement initiatives, technology, sustainability efforts, and cost optimization opportunities to Geoscience management for consideration into Petroleum Engineering annual work program and activities.
Establish an accurate and complete geoscience databases including use of the Petrel software platform for smooth geoscience support of Petroleum Engineering activities. Integrate new geological/geophysical, petrophysical and well surveillance data, and update the reservoir description of offshore reservoirs.
Provide and produce geologic input to the companies Development Programs including well trajectory planning, optimization of well locations, and well data acquisition requirements for both infill and appraisal wells, as well as carrying out post-drilling geoscience interpretation and evaluation to ensure Shareholders expectations are met and delivered effectively.
Develop, provide and implement geoscience assessment and evaluation results and recommendations to the Asset Surveillance Team activities and priorities with focus on improving the ASTs understanding of geologic controls on reservoir flow performance.
Pursue and promote geoscience ideas and recommendations to multi-functional teams within Subsurface to implement studies and projects driven by or significantly impacted by Geoscience knowledge.
Develop, provide and implement geoscience assessment and evaluation results and recommendation on AST activities related to the understanding and optimizing waste water disposal including the reservoir characterization of the disposal reservoirs and their adjacent seals. Strengthen oversight with geological input for the monitoring of acid gas disposal and new technologies as they become available to ensure effective and safe injection programs are delivered.
Provide and implement the geologic descriptions and models required to support the companies well-based simulation studies (iGEMs) and surveillance studies (e.g. Saphir-Impact).
Promote and stimulate the dissemination and integration of knowledge/learnings from the subsurface studies (Reservoir Flow and Fault/Fracture studies) to the ASTs in the understanding of the reservoir flow behavior, and identifying new well intervention opportunities for production sustainment.
Collaborate with external parties (Shareholders R&D, vendors, R&D Companies) on research and development work as required in the effort to enhance efficiency, improve productivity and achieve cost optimization.
Develop and execute technical mentoring program and activities for graduate trainees and less experience staff. Organize, participate and deliver knowledge sharing activities in areas of expertise internally within the company and/or externally representing the company in conferences and workshops in support of high performance culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Geoscience or related field from an accredited university
- 8+ years of hands-on experience
- Good knowledge on variety of field and asset life cycles
- Experienced mentor
- Expert in computer skills in commonly used software (Microsoft Suite, etc) as well as skill area specific computer skills (e.g. Petrel, Petrel Studio)
- Expert in other skills within his/her area of expertise (e.g. within Geologic Rig Support Operations, Field Development, Geoscience Studies)
- Aware of all and knowledgeable of at least three cross functional skills (e.g. - Drilling, Completions, Reservoir Modeling, Reservoir Surveillance, Subsurface Data Management, Production Engineering)
- Native level written and oral English language communication skills
- Competent in the ability to generate/introduce new ideas and concepts