Job DescriptionJob Purpose
Plans, technically manages and facilitates drilling activities fully aligned with Group technical and SHE standards. Responsible for providing fully qualified Drilling Engineering support for technically complex development projects. Progresses projects from planning and concept selection through to engineering design and safe operational execution. Develops drilling design strategies, writes drilling programs, performs drilling analyses/calculations, provides drillwell surveillance, and acts as a focal point for continuous improvement by implementation of technology transfer and application of best practices.
B. Sc. Engineering Degree from an accredited and recognized university.
- Minimum of 2 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. Drilling Engineering) or 4 years relevant industry experience; preference for experience in Offshore Drilling
- Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
- Awareness of emerging Drilling Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation where appropriate
- Experience in leadership role (formal or informal)
- Well Control and Well Control Equipment
- Directional Drilling Operations including Anti-Collision Planning
- Extended Reach Drilling Planning and Operations
- Liner Hanger Design and Installation Operations
- Water based Drilling Fluid Technology
- Wellhead and Downhole Equipment
- Cementing Operations
- Land Rig and Jack-Up Rig and Barge Operations
- H2S Operations
- Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills