Location: Houston, TX
Type of Employment: Contract
- Act as lead training subject matter expert to end users of the system and support user help desk function.
- Works closely with other members of the SPF Administration team to assist with development of software change requests to provide new or upgraded functionality, assist with preparation and revision of software quality assurance documentation, including description of issues or needed changes, communication with software vendor, and writing and performance of test cases.
- Have good knowledge of engineering work processes, procedures, and forms to facilitate conversion to electronic implementation in SPF; assist with development and implementation of electronic workflows within SPF
- Provide ongoing validation and audit of multiple engineering company’s designs for compliance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administration of Hexagon PPM’s SmartPlant® Foundation software system in a production environment,
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel data manipulation/organization skills
- Good understanding of engineering mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation equipment
- Good understanding of engineering document types and categories
- Understanding of engineering processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to understand and analyze engineering and software/hardware problems
- Previous experience with software testing/validation