NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client company is a pipeline operator specializing in Natural Gas.
This position represents a key member of a multi-discipline team that adds value to the asset through capital reinvestment and application of solid reservoir management skills. This position works in concert with team reservoir engineers, geologists, production/facility engineers, and field operations to identify, develop, and execute CO2 flood projects for operations on a specific asset.
- BS or greater in Petroleum Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- 15+ year’s relevant industry experience (reservoir engineering preferred)
- Currently living in, or willing to move to Midland, TX
- Flooding processes exposure. Water-flood and/or CO2 flood experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use petroleum engineering principles to solve problems and identify enhancement opportunities.
- Proficiency in reservoir engineering and pattern management practices including, but not limited to, material balance, injector optimization, conformance improvement, flood pattern surveillance, and performance forecasting.
- Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with not all data/information available.
- Good overall practical oilfield operations knowledge.
- Ability to improve the profitability of a field using reservoir analysis.
- Understanding of oil and gas finance in relation to reserves and economics.
- Ability to understand typical well-logging suites.
- Experience in developing technical documents such as AFEs, economic analysis, presentations to management, etc. (written and verbal skills).
- Demonstrated initiative and results oriented team member skills.
- Non-supervisory, but expected to take leadership roles in projects.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Good time management skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in all required technical and economic software packages.
- MS-Office - proficiency with general applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience using programs such as OFM, Spotfire, ARIES, and Citrix applications is a plus.
- Data management & manipulation capability.