Job DescriptionMechanical Engineer
Location: Vidalia, LA
Duration: Long-term contract
Pay rate: $55-$60 per hour
The Mechanical Engineer will be heavily involved in the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of a processing facility. This role will also ensure continuous plant capacity and operation through the application of mechanical and reliability equipment engineering. In production, the position is also expected to improve plant processing operations and efficiencies through the effective administration of capital projects.
- Responsible for ensuring quality maintenance systems, best practice reliability engineering service and the provision of quality controlled reliability standards.
- Involvement in all mechanical construction & commissioning activities, including the purchase, design, and replacement of existing equipment and revisions to plant layout and operation.
- Reviewing the mechanical elements from design through to construction completion and attainment of Construction Verification including workmanship documentation from Contractors.
- Obtaining and recording technical and contractual information relating to mechanical equipment.
- Developing and updating the Work Packages for each module and phase of construction/commissioning, including the discipline test registers, and ensuring that they comply with piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), single line diagrams (SLDs) and other relevant project documents.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working with a mechanical team in a design/construction/commissioning environment.
- Exposure to the mining, oil & gas or chemical manufacturing industries.
- Understanding of common predictive technologies: vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, motor analysis, ultrasonic, machinery analysis, alignment and balancing procedures, and fixed equipment diagnostic technologies.