Job DescriptionDesign Engineer - 6 Month Contract - Midlands
Very competitive rate for the ideal candidate.
My client is a leading global multi- sector engineering provider of technology, product innovation and strategic consulting. They are currently looking for a Mechanical design engineer to work in a small experienced team producing layout and detail designs.
Key responsibilities to include:
- CAD layout, detail design and drawings including PROE model generation, ProMechanica FEA, and calculations to support designs.
- Producing layout and detail designs, predominantly for motorsport transmission projects - Mainly CAD based.
- Model updates/development..
- Working alongside production, but with significant customer and supplier interfacing, requiring a flexible approach and willingness to travel.
- Competent experience within mechanical or automotive engineering.
- Proficient in producing 3D solid models and manufacturing drawings using ProE or other main platform cad system.
- A working knowledge of FEA techniques would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in similar environment/rotating equipment design (recent graduates considered)
- CATIA V5
- Experience working on motorsport/ transmission projects would be highly advantageous