The Position Title focuses on Plant, Pipeline, and Compressors, including review of Contractor deliverables as well as oversight of project team personnel. The role is characterized by:
- Interface with project design and execution teams and project schedulers to ensure regulatory and company SSHE requirements are properly integrated into engineering deliverables and execution plans.
- Participate in project design reviews, including HAZOPS, SIL assessments, model reviews and human factor reviews.
- Verify the EPC contractor is executing in compliance with project permits and effectively utilizing the compliance assurance register to record and track progress.
- Support development of Notice to Proceed applications and/or Implementation Plans for submission to FERC in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to site Environmental and Regulatory Advisors
- Communicate terms and conditions of approvals or permits, new regulations and other enforceable requirements to engineers, contractors and site advisors.
- Provide regulatory interpretation and respond to engineering queries.
- Support/review/endorse studies used to assess regulatory/permit impacts of potential design changes.
- Identify any proposed changes in design that will require FERC review/approval or permit amendments.
- Ensure Contractor has secured all necessary federal authorizations required for each scope of work described in an implementation plan before it is filed with FERC.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the Position Title shall include the following:
- Verify SSHE input to engineering deliverables, including subcontractor bid documents, and activities and endorses SSHE deliverables. Communicates key points or exceptions to internal stakeholders.
- Interfaces with EPC Contractor, Government agencies and external stakeholders regarding the preparation and implementation of the project's E&R Plans, regulatory compliance issues, and E&R performance/ implementation
- Advise project management and EPC contractor of changes, interpretations and compliance with E&R requirements
- Provide cost and schedule estimates for E&R deliverables to the SSHE Manager including such things as project permits, wetlands restoration and safety related provisional sums
- As requested by the SSHE Manager, review Management of Change proposals to ensure that E&R risk screening/assessments are understood and address potential E&R risks as appropriate.
- Ensure the prompt reporting and investigation of E&R incidents and compliance situations
- Ensure stewardship and reporting of E&R performance indicators to meet project and Corporate requirements
- Support in-the-field visits/inspections by senior management, Government officials, and representatives of other key stakeholders regarding E&R matters
- Interface with the EMDC E&R dedicated staff as requested by the SSHE Manager in support of project activities, identify/implement appropriate/best E&R practices
- Ensure appropriate tools, training (to satisfy FERC training requirements) and logistical support is provided to the project's E&R engineering personnel
- As requested by the SSHE Manager, work with Public Affairs (PAGA) on developing acceptable messages for public forums and inquiries regarding SSHE as appropriate, in order to address Government agency, community and stakeholder concerns and issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicants must possess a University degree in Natural or Environmental Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Engineering or some other technical field related to E&R
- Supervisory level position with broad technical and environmental and regulatory skills and a working knowledge of project management, construction and operations
- 10 years broad-based experience preferred, with prior experience in one or more environmental and/or regulatory related role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; persuasive with strong business perspective
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Experience with interacting with government officials
- Experience with interacting with EPC Contractors
- Experience with interacting with a variety of external entities (e.g., government agencies, NGOs, local communities, Lender institution representatives)