Our Client an O&G Supermajor has an opportunity for an Pilot Loading Master to join them on a long term contract basis and be responsible for undertaking safe and compliant export tanker activity that includes mooring/unmooring, loading and sailing operations. Support the day to day operation and management of the export terminal. Responsible for the operation of mooring and export equipment and ensuring that this equipment is maintained properly.
- Responsible for final inspection and acceptance of Export Tankers upon arrival at the Marine Terminal to ensure compliance with client rules /regulations, and recognised industry best practices standards from bodies such as OCIMF or SIGTTO eg ISGOTT.
- Responsible for completion of safe berthing / un-berthing and safe hose connection and disconnection operations. Ensure that Export Tanker operations are conducted in compliance with any local legislative requirements and client practices.
- Follow internal client safety, behavioural and leadership programmes & processes.
- Ensure that all pre-load documentation is completed and agreed by all parties, principally the Export Tanker Master, Surveyors, and Marine Terminal personnel completing the cargo documentation.
- Ensure all pre-load and operational safety checks are completed diligently and correctly by both the Export Tanker and the Marine Terminal with complete and accurate records being maintained.
- Ensure hourly monitoring and comparisons are made between the Export Tanker and Marine Terminal and advise Marine Terminal of any discrepancies.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of offtake tanker position and operational performance throughout the loading operation.
- Responsible for activities associated with the operation of mooring and export equipment, pre-export and other routine operational checks and inspections of the jetty, hose string, mooring equipment, CALM Buoy as applicable.
- Support the Marine Terminal on any marine activities as required. Support the region in Emergency response Marine scenarios as necessary.
- Ensure that any issues and deficiencies with export equipment such as hoses, mooring equipment, berthing aids and the like are addressed in a timely manner and do not impact export tanker operation.
- Undertake marine self verification as required and requested.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Hold a Class 1 Deck Certificate of Competency
- Hold a Dangerous Cargo Endorsement for hydrocarbons handled at the specific
- Additional local qualifications as determined by local legislation