Job DescriptionMechanical Static and Package Equipment Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 18-22 months
The objective of the position is to ensure compliance with the Company and Project specific Procedures and Engineering Design Standards during Project Execution Phase and the timely completion of the activities.
The scope of the position covers all reviews and support of Mechanical Static and Mechanical Package Units engineering activities associated with the Contractor’s activities for the project.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and responsible for undertaking Mechanical Static and Mechanical Package Unit design reviews in accordance with appropriate technical standards and specifications associated with the services by the Contractor.
Take responsibility for the Contractor’s Deliverables as per the Contract and ensure these are issued according schedule with sufficient quality and fully signed off by both the Contractor and Company.
- Have full knowledge of the Basic Engineering Package.
- Have full knowledge of the Contractors scope as per the Contract.
- Have full understanding of the Contractors schedule and the activities and deliverables for the discipline and be a driver to ensure the latter are achieved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all tasks assigned by the Project Manager / Engineering Manager are completed on timely manner and budget.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- For Mechanical Static and Mechanical Package Unit Engineering
- Responsible of Equipment Packages (such as but not limited to; Water Production, Boilers, Cooling towers, Air Compressors, Flares, Thermal Oxidizers)
- Responsible of Material Handling Equipment Packages (such as but not limited to; Solid and Powder Conveying, Extrusion, Silos, Rail Car Loading, Rail Car Washing, Deheeling)
- Conduct design reviews and approve Mechanical Static Engineering and Mechanical Package Unit deliverables in accordance with the project quality plan.
- Provide comments and review other discipline document in accordance with the Document Distribution Matrix.
- Follow-up HSE master action list of Mechanical Static and Mechanical Package Unit areas.
- Review and provide comment to the technical specification, technical bids and technical bid evaluations.
- Contribute as a team member, and liaise with other disciplines and the Contractor as necessary for IDC (Inter Discipline Checks) checks etc., to minimise costs and efficiently co-ordinate planned work scopes.
- Follow up closely the Engineering Contractor schedule ensuring the activities for the discipline are completed in a timely manner.
- Review all Mechanical Static changes after “Approved for Construction” level is reached.
- Follow-up MOC (Management of Changes) list related Mechanical Static areas.
- Participate actively in the Contractors planning session and monitor overall progress and performance by frontline activities identifying any areas of concern and implementation or instigation of appropriate remedial actions
- Assistance to commissioning department for the identification of the systems and sub-systems and for the preparation of the system completion schedule(s).
- Facilitate as link with other related projects and or ongoing operations of the Existing Bayport Plant.
- Participate on need basis in audits of both the Contractor and Vendors.
- Give input to the Engineering Manager to keep track of the Mechanical Static defects, non-conformities, non-ethical behaviour, etc., as stated in the Contract with the Contractor.
- Provide input to the Engineering Manager about potential risks associated to the OSBL area from the Mechanical Static engineering perspective.
- Participate in Risk Assessment sessions on need basis.
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of working experience from the Mechanical Engineering industry and Package Equipment’s
- General understanding of polyethylene production technology
- Experience from Mechanical Package Units (such as but not limited to; Water Production, Boilers, Cooling towers, Air Compressors, Flares, Thermal Oxidizers)
- Experience from Material Handling Units (such as but not limited to; Solid and Powder Conveying, Extrusion, Silos, Rail Car Loading, Rail Car Washing, Deheeling) from Polymer Plants.
- Previous knowledge of Mechanical installations
- Technical experience, project environment working with Contactors.
- Comprehensive Onshore Construction and Investment Project Experience
- Working experience in multicultural environment
- Experience of the polymer plants is important.
- Previous experience of working PMT environment