The ideal applicant will be a seasoned process safety subject matter expert with a strong technical background as well as being able to make the linkage between process safety and occupational health and safety.
Some of the key skills we are seeking are:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Safety/Risk or Process Safety Engineer
- The ability to coach, mentor and influence stakeholders (managers and engineers) to consider risk in order to achieve the required outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to negotiate effectively
- The ability to lead with a strong vision, passion and purpose
- A collaborative working style
This role will form part of the HSEQ Leadership Team and exist in order to fulfil the following purposes:
- To identify and manage the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver continuous improvement to Powerco’s safety and risk management, focused on critical risks in conjunction with the HSEQ Leadership team
- Develop and nurture Health & Safety risk management processes and skills in the business
- Manage HSEQ internal/external assurance programme to make sure the systems are effective and delivering value to the business.
- Manage external consultants to deliver technical expertise to the business regarding best practice in managing Health & Safety risks using a process safety approach.
- Figuring out what ALARP means to Powerco.
This is a forward focused role and will be proactive in influencing the gas and electricity business to make key changes in systems.
What’s on offer for you?
This company truly value their employees and consciously invest in their staff wellbeing and development.
New Plymouth, which is in the Taranaki region has been ranked as the second best region in the world to visit by Lonely Planet in 2017 while New Plymouth has won many awards with its sustainable living, fantastic coastal walkway, beaches and a brilliant place to bring up families.
Financially, there is an attractive package on offer including a generous base salary as well as a bonus structure (if you live outside of Taranaki, a relocation package is also on offer)
This role will provide you with the autonomy and environment to create lasting change, so if you love a challenge then this is an awesome career opportunity in a great lifestyle location.
Apply now or for more information give Wayne McDonald a call on 021 220 8992.